A few months ago I shared my favorite quotes about volunteering. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how many of you enjoy reading quotes like I do. So in honor of Thanksgiving, I decided to share my favorite quotes about giving thanks.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. (John F. Kennedy)
- At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. (Albert Schweitzer)
- He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. (Epictetus)
- Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. (Alphonse Karr)
- The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it. (Michael Josephson)
- Do not take anything for granted — not one smile or one person or one rainbow or one breath, or one night in your cozy bed. (Terri Guillemets)
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” (Albert Einstein)
- As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. (Adabella Radici)
- Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy. (Fred De Witt Van Amburgh)
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. (Oprah Winfrey)
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. (Marcel Proust)
- Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. (Robert Brault)
Wishing each of you a very happy Thanksgiving!
(If you have a favorite quote about giving thanks, please feel free to share it in the comment section.)